On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 17:07 +0200, Michael Howitz wrote:
> Am 27.08.2008 um 14:21 wrote Jacob Holm:
> > This looks like a bad idea.  You are weakening the test by removing
> > non-ascii chars here.  A better approach would have been to rewrite
> > the non-ascii chars using \N (or \u or \U) escapes.
> According to Christian Then this suggestion does not help as the test
> should test real umlauts.
> So I'll try harder on preparing the long_description (encoding it to
> unicode by myself before distutils tries to do) and revert the test.

No, my suggestion was that this wouldn't fix your issue with distutils.
(Only work around it).

Encoding them using \NN would allow the doctest to ignore any encoding
of the source file as the unicode would be *represented* by ascii

This would then display correctly on PyPI though ... hmm.

Christian Theune · [EMAIL PROTECTED]