On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:31:21PM +0200, Malthe Borch wrote:
> Trying to get a feeling here on whether we want to require proper XML
> namespace definition (current z3c.pt behavior) or implicitly fallback to
> the standard mappings (current zope.pagetemplate behavior).

Requiring explicit XML namespace declarations for TAL and TALES
is a big cost for no obvious benefit, except maybe for making some
obsessive-compulsive XML people slightly happier.

It's not the Python way, I believe.  We don't have 'public static void main',
why should we have mandatory XML namespaces in our page templates?

Marius Gedminas
Some people around here wouldn't recognize
subtlety if it hit them on the head.