On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:31:21PM +0200, Malthe Borch wrote:
> Trying to get a feeling here on whether we want to require proper XML
> namespace definition (current z3c.pt behavior) or implicitly fallback to
> the standard mappings (current zope.pagetemplate behavior).

Requiring explicit XML namespace declarations for TAL and TALES
is a big cost for no obvious benefit, except maybe for making some
obsessive-compulsive XML people slightly happier.

It's not the Python way, I believe.  We don't have 'public static void main',
why should we have mandatory XML namespaces in our page templates?

Marius Gedminas
--
Some people around here wouldn't recognize
subtlety if it hit them on the head.