Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I just looked at the PyPI page of 'transaction':
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/transaction
>
> And I see some weirdnesses:
>
> * it's called 'transaction 1.0a1'
>
> * the 'changes' claim however:
>
>    1.0 (unreleased)
>
> What's up? Clearly something went wrong during the releasing of this
> package, at least documentation-wise. Should be fixed.

The documentation is wrong indeed.

> Note that zope.sqlalchemy pulls in this package as a dependency, even
> though I don't think ZODB 3.8 comes with that version of transaction...

The transaction module has been moved out of the ZODB egg for ZODB trunk
aka 3.9 as far as I know.

That means the stand-alone transaction package can probably not be used
with any ZODB 3.8 versions.

But except the wrong documentation, I don't see a problem with the
release as such. IIRC someone wanted to use it outside the ZODB and it
was moved out and got an early alpha release.

Hanno