In my current SQLAlchemy / Zope-based design, I need the following:

- SQLAlchemy table definitions
- classes + mappers
- Zope interfaces

The problem with this design is that much data has to be defined twice, e.g.
the datatype "varchar(50)" should be represented by an interface with
TextLine(max_length="50"). Moreover, any changes such as adding columns etc.
also have to be done in the interface and the table definition.

To overcome this, I just had the idea to use the interface/schema definitions
for the table definition itself. Probably I'm not the first who had this
idea, but I'm not aware of such an extension to interfaces.

Any thoughts on this?

Best Regards,

GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7