Malthe Borch wrote:
>>> Are we sure we want this? It's (afaik) not correct XML;
>> It's not? How so?
> If the element belongs to some namespace, then attributes from this
> namespace should be native to it. But I couldn't find any
> documentation to support that this is a strict requirement. Perhaps it
> should be allowed, then.

As far as I know in XML, attributes without an explicit namespace prefix
are not in any namespace at all. Default namespaces don't apply to

ZPT seems to have a different interpretation, perhaps. Though in the end
the processor determines what to do with attributes, of course. It's
just that XML processors shouldn't place an attribute into a namespace
unless there is an explicit prefix.