Just by chance, I pressed the reload button of my browser for quite some time,
so that my Zope3-based site was reloaded over and over. I was surprised to
find the following in the logs:

2008-10-20T18:45:15 WARNING ZopePublication Competing writes/reads
at /BSPSite/act/s/info: database conflict error (oid 0x0733, class

Can someone explain me why this happens, if this is something dangerous or if
I can forget about it?

I tested the site with Apache Bench (ab2), with many concurrent requests and
could not reproduce the problem.

So my wild guess is the following:
I use session.PersistentSessionDataContainer for my session, so every request
will probably read/write to some Zope3 container/btree. And then, for some
reasons these reads/writes compete, which leads to the above warning. If I
use AB2, there's no cookie, thus no session, hence the problem does not

On the other hand, the zope root site (the Rotterdam ZMI) seems not to have
this problem, as it seems, I can't trigger this warning message with fast

I'm unsure if I should just ignore that or do something about it.

Any hints?

Best Regards,

GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7