On 25.10.2008 14:37 Uhr, Christian Theune wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 15:41 +0200, Hedley Roos wrote:
The product is a monkey patch to Catalog.py. I'd love some feedback and
suggestions.

I'd love if this wouldn't be a monkey patch.

Also, there is nothing that makes this integrate correctly with
transactions. Your cache will happily deliver never-committed data and
also it will not isolate transactions from each other.

The problem with memcached is that memcached isn't transactional. We managed to solve this problem by implementing a cache tool (for CMF) where where the set/get methods for the memcached participate in the Zope transaction using a DataManager. I can provide the code if someone should be interested.

Andreas
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas