Hi there,

I would like to point out that we have started the PyPI replication project some months ago during the Blackforest sprint:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/pypi-mirroring/project-home

As an outcome we are now able to provide in phase one of the project some mirrors of PyPI index. Currently we have three mirrors up and running and some more mirrors will join the project soon. Right now we provide all packages of PyPI that are directly hosted on PyPI (no packages with external download URLs). This project should bring a lot of ease to buildout users because PyPI is no longer a single-point-of-failure. Currently you have to choose a PyPI mirror manually. For the next project phase we think about a smarter mirror selection mechanism that is more transparent to setuptools and zc.buildout.

Suggestions and further support in terms of hardware resources and bandwidth are highly appreciated.

Credits go to Josip Delic and Gottfried Ganssauge of Haufe Mediengruppe for their contributions to the original codebase of z3c.pypimirror and to Daniel Kraft of D9T for being doing most of the coding of the package.

Andreas

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK

begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas
org:ZOPYX Ltd. & Co. KG