Hi all.

As announced elsewhere (and described in
https://dev.launchpad.net/OpenSourcing)
, Canonical's Launchpad project is working towards open-sourcing the
majority of the code base by this summer.

Prior and subsequent to the "grand open-sourcing" date, the Launchpad
developers are encouraged to abstract stand-alone code for
distributions.  Since Launchpad uses several Zope libraries, some of
the stand-alone packages may be of special interest to the Zope
community.

Unsurprisingly (at least if you know Launchpad), the packages use bzr
for revision control, and Launchpad for codehosting, bug tracking, and
so on.

Currently we are standardizing on zc.buildout-based releases for these
packages.

We have two at the moment:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lazr.delegates

     Provides an interesting Python delegation pattern.  Uses
zope.interface.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lazr.config

     Helps build a configuration system (of whatever, but used here
for process configuration).

I'm not the author, just a messenger and liaison (and the guy who made
the distros, in this case).  (I did add some cookie conveniences to
testbrowser recenty though--check out zope.testbrowser 1.6a1 if you
want a look. :-)

I, or other folks, will hopefully get a chance to send out other
announcements of this sort in the future!

Gary