Andreas Jung wrote:
>> - complete eggification (apparently pretty much done)
> We have to define what "eggification" means exactly. By now the
> Zope2.buildout seems to work fine with Python 2.4-2.6. I think
> we want to see Zope2 being easy_install-able. This means basically:
>  - a source code release of Zope 2 can be done using (python2.X
> sdist (upload)
>  - a user can easy_install Zope 2 from PyPI
> Hurdle:
>  - defines all dependencies without version information
>    (which is kept in the versions-zope2|3.cfg files. In order
>    to make the version information available information I added
>    the "" file to the Zope2.buildout/trunk codebase
>    (for experimenting). However this approach does not work with
>    the dev packages like Also working with
> zc.sourcerelease won't solve this issue. Any idea how to deal
>    with that?

It's possible to have egg dependencies on development versions of other
eggs so long as there is an svn egg link on the pypi page.

For example in zope.sqlalchemy's pypi page I include a link like to:

And in the past I have had the trunk instal_requires include:

  'SQLAlchemy>=0.5.0beta3dev-r4954', or  'SQLAlchemy>=0.4.7dev',