Stephan Richter wrote:
> I will retroactively change the locations for all zope3.4 KGS releases.
>
> Thus, I am very interested to hear from the consuming communities: How
> painful
> is that for you? I am particularly interested to hear from Grok, Zope 2 and
> Plone, but also from individuals using the KGS.

Plone doesn't use the Zope 3.4 KGS in any way.

Our most current version stable version Plone 3.2 has moved to an
egg-based install, with the exception of Zope2 and everything it
includes. Thus we still rely on the Zope2 old-style full tarball release.

For current Plone 4.0 / trunk we are aiming at Zope 2.12 /trunk whose
eggification is almost complete. This is based on the version set
specified in the Zope 3.4 KGS. The technical means by which it does
that, is however having a local copy of the versions.cfg from
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg. So changing URL's doesn't
cause any problems for us.

I think I can speak for both the Plone and Zope2 project here.

Hanno