Tres Seaver wrote:
> Is there any reason to hide the KeyError behind a 500, rather than
> letting it propagate to the application?   In this implementation, we
> lose the information about the bad 'status' value.

I agree, but I hit a legacy design snag.  The handleException() method
still calls setStatus(exception_type_name), where we could be handling
any kind of exception, similar to what Zope has always done.

IMHO, we should change the contract of setStatus() to not do any lookup
at all and make handleException() do the lookup instead, or something
along those lines.  But I'm trying to make conservative changes ATM.

Shane