On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:53 AM, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> 2009/2/24 Benji York:
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Dan Korostelev wrote:
>>> Heh, nice trick with `z` :) Thank you.
>> A slight refinement:
>>    svn mkdir path-to-repo/new-project{,trunk,tags,branches}
>> Using the `z` trick, that would be:
>>    svn mkdir `z`/new-project{,trunk,tags,branches}
> Thanks! BTW, there tips are probably useful enough to be included to
> zope3docs' development section. :)

Or even one character shorter, (plus no need to create a script, put
it in the path and make it executable)

        svn mkdir $Z/new-project{,trunk,tags,branches}

where Z is an environment variable in your .profile (or .bash_profile)

export Z

or  .login for C shell users

setenv Z svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main

Do we need to put a disclaimer that for the shortcut shown above the
shell needs to support brace expansion -- the output of ``set -o``
should have ``braceexpand on``.

Most of the modern Bourne-derived shells do have it and it's on by
default.  The C shell has always had it AFAIK.  A user could switch it
off in both shell kinds.

I guess that would be too much detail.