-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Tres Seaver wrote:
> Log message for revision 97465:
> Branch removing zope.deferred.
This checkin is the branch I had in mind when sketching out a
non-CPython-only zope.component story today. Notes on the changes:
- - The branch kills off both the use of 'zope.deferredimport' and the
'bbb' subpackage, leaving something which could be used in Jython, or
IronPython, or the GAE.
- - Ripping out 'zope.deferredimport' required shifting to "from imports"
to avoid cycles. I moved one other cycle down into a non-module-scope
import, as well, using a 'global base' to avoid extra imports.
- - All its tests pass in a buildout.
- - Due to the 'test' extra, buildout pulls in a bunch of extra
dependencies, which I would like to zap (ZODB? really? just to
verify that the persistent registry survives 'dumps' and 'loads'?)
- - The branch can be installed into a virtualenv via 'setup.py develop',
with only 'zope.interface' and 'zope.event' added.
- - 'setup.py test' needs 'zope.testing', but then doesn't do anything
(missing metadata). If I added the metadata, the tests would then
pull in those extra packages: maybe I'll work on trimming them down,
- - It probably breaks something in the 'compattests' realm; I haven't
tried that, yet.
Tres Seaver +1 540-429-0999 tsea...@palladion.com
Palladion Software "Excellence by Design" http://palladion.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -