2009/3/4 Tres Seaver <tsea...@palladion.com>:
>>> Note that I'm not actually proposing that we merge this branch any time
>>> soon:  it is a bit of a straw man for the ongoing process conversation.
>> Why not? It looks that it's just a dependency cleanup, so it can be
>> merged (and released!) really soon (if noone objects, of course). I
>> personally don't like long-living branches and forks.
> Well, part of the dependency cleanup involves making a possibly-
> controversial coding style change ("from imports"),

Will it cause any problems in packages that use existing
zope.component with its current coding style? If not, then why can it
be a problem?

> and I may have broken something in the 'compattests'.

Well, that certainly needs to be tested, but I don't think it's a
blocker for merging. We're on the development version anyway. :-)
(however, of course if would be nicer to do compattests before
merging, but this should'nt take much time?)

> I would also like to make 'setup.py test' actually work in the absence of
> buildout.

Isn't this as easy as adding the contents of "test" extra to the
"test_requires" parameter?

WBR, Dan Korostelev