Wolfgang Schnerring wrote:
> since Dan Korostelev commented on my
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/338136
> saying I should take it to the mailing list, here goes:
> zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserView inherits from
> zope.component.interfaces.IView, which actually is
> zope.component.bbb.interfaces.IView -- marked as deprecated since
> 2004, but no pointer what the replacement should be.
> What's going on here?

I actually remember running into this many many years ago and got so
confused I gave up on it then. :) Hopefully someone else can tell you more!

Something is definitely funky in here.

I wonder what happens to our compattests if we simply remove this
inheritance relationship. If nothing directly refers to IView it might
mean everything will still work...