On Thursday 12 March 2009, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Could I maybe create a custom validator that checks for a magic
> constant? If so, how? I have both a custom field (in the zope.schema
> sense) and a custom widget.

Yeah. I could swear I implemented this before. A validator is an adapter for
the field, widget and more, so creating a special one for your case is no
problem at all.

Actually, did you see the FileUploadDataConverter in converter.py? It does the
right thing when no new data was uploaded. It is registered for IBytes and
IFileWidget, so if you use a different field and widget interface, it would
not be used, but you could use it.

Regards,
Stephan
--