Am 12.03.2009 um 19:25 schrieb Tres Seaver:
[...]
>> Now when testing these libraries you could do three things:
>>
>> * not use ZCML at all and recreate the effect of these
>> registrations in
>> Python code.
>
> +1.
>
>> * use the ZCML in the package's configure.zcml. (perhaps through
>> ftesting.zcml)
>
> - -lots.

I disagree: if there is ZCML inside the package it must be tested
inside the package.
If there is a syntax errors in the zcml, tests do not find it. It is
even possible to make a release without noticing this defect. I think
that's really bad.
Otherwise we should we require to run the compat-tests before
releasing a package of the zope framework. This might find the errors
in zcml, maybe.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · m...@gocept.com · software developer