On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 20:39, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
>> For me, the ideal would be simply https for everything and using http
>> basic auth for access with more people having access to update the
>> passwd file and maybe Trac or WebSVN for a nice web interface.
>
> I absolutely *hate* using https to access subversion.  This involves
> storing a key in plane text in my home directory, which is terrible.
> I far prefer using ssh-based infrastructure for this sort of thing.

This is no longer the case for subversion 1.6 and up, the password is
now stored encrypted, and subversion now supports KWallet, GNOME
Keyring, Mac OS Keychain, and Windows CryptoAPI for storage.

See:
http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.6_releasenotes.html#auth-related-improvements

--
Martijn Pieters