Hi there,

One fundamental question about this that I have is why we want to
protect the user against such loopholes anyway?

Isn't zope.security a protection system against *accidental* mistakes in
building secure applications? I.e. I call a method and then I find out I
have no such access. Do we really need to protect the developer against
more arcane workarounds?

If I *want* to work around the security system deliberately I can simply
remove the security proxy and be done with it. It's not like the system
is protecting against this anyway.

Protecting against workarounds is useful if you allow through the web
manipulation of code itself. But who is actually doing this?

Regards,

Martijn