After 8-9 years of admiring Zope and using it now and then, I
finally got myself to contribute to the grok project. I hope to
contribute even more in the near and mid-term future.

  We seem to have an issue with the documentation for becoming an SVN
Contributor. Here are the steps I followed and the dead-end I got to.

  Following diverse people's advice, I followed the instructions from
  which basically points to

  I filled out the form, scanned it and mailed the scan to
foundation-i...@zope.org as mentioned in the contact details of the
foundation on the 18th of April. Shortly afterwards, I received an
automated response:
Subject: Your message to Foundation-Info awaits moderator approval
The reason it is being held:

   Message body is too big: 1817623 bytes with a limit of 40 KB

After this was a lengthy silence. So I followed the next step from
becoming-a-contributor.html which says to nag Jim Fulton.

The problem is Jim never heard of this process and never saw my
initial request. He was suprised the DevHome/ImpatientPeopleGuide..
was modified.

Any suggestions what the new process should be? Is the Zope foundation
now responsible for giving SVN Write access now that the form is about
sharing copyright with the Foundation? If so, who can one nag within
the Zope Foundation?

We need to update the documentation of this procedure once we figured it out :)