On 13.05.09 20:16, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I don't consider the 2 statements to be the same.  I had a feeling
> that that was what you meant, at least on some level.
>
> I use PyPI when creating source releases.  I use source releases
> (actually binary rpms built from source rpms built from source
> releases) for deployment.
>
> The impression I think you're giving is that people should avoid PyPI
> and need to build their own indexes and I just don't agree with that.

I have to second Tres. If your deployment is critical, one should
not depend on an external dependency (like PyPI) that might change
(changing or
disappearing release - we had such an issue several times) or that may
become unavailable (that's why we're having PyPI mirror (internal and
external).

Andreas
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung