On Friday 15 May 2009, Fred Drake wrote:
> Keeping the dependency graph clean is great, and there's plenty to do
> there. But there's also something to be said about being able to keep
> a substantial portion of it in your head.  The cleanliness of the
> graph isn't so important if most users still can't understand just
> because there are so many pieces that they wouldn't normally use
> directly.

Yes, I have voiced that concern several times myself. I personally do not even
understand where all this fear of installing many packages comes from. I
think it is because the ZCML is pulling in too many default registrations and
people are afraid of those, which I understand. But to create new packages
just because you do not want to use other parts of it is silly.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek