I'll start by saying this is my fault. :(

The HTTPRequest.getHeader method will return any environment variable,
not just headers.  I expect this was a lazy way to handle the odd-ball
headers, content-type and content-length (envirnment variables
CONTENT_TYPE and CONTENT_LENGTH), which don't have an "HTTP_" prefix
in the environment.  I think this implementation is rather lame.
What's worse, it has a test, testHeader that actually tests the
lamosity.

I suggest we switch to a tighter behavior.  I'd be wildly surprised
and disappointed if any apps depended on the lose behavior.  If no one
objects, I'll file an issue. (I don't think there's anything urgent
about this.)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton