On Jun 23, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> For my own education, I would like to understand why it makes
>>> sense for zope.container to depend on zope.tales.  This dependency
>>> suggests people need to understand ZPT in order to understand
>>> container relationships, which seems wrong to me.
>> Because it provides traversal adapters needed soley by zope.tales.
> Sorry, you lost me on the first sentence (and the rest doesn't make
> sense yet to me as a result).  You first said that zope.container is
> going to depend on zope.tales.  Now you're saying zope.tales is
> going to depend on zope.container.  If you meant the latter, then I
> understand. :-)

Where did I say that zope.tales is going to depend on zope.container?
It would have been more precise if I has said that "it provides
traversal adapters used soley by zope.tales".  zope.containers
provides adapters to do path traversal.  ZPT is the only thing that
does path traversal.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation