On Jul 8, 2009, at 8:21 AM, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:

> Hello,
>
> * 2009-07-08 12:51, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I find it a bit hard to believe that there are no clients of these
>> interfaces, but, if that's the case, I suggest deprecating
>> zope.filerepresentation and zope.container.directory.  In that
>> case, I'd
>> just remove the dependency in zope.container on
>> zope.filerepresentation.
>> If an application is going to use zope.container.directory, it will
>> need
>> to import zope.filerepresentation.interfaces itself, and it will
>> have the
>> zope.filerepresentation dependency itself. I'd add deprecation
>> warning
>> in zope.container.directory.  I wouldn't add these interfaces to
>> zope.container.interfaces.
>
> What about adding zope.filerepresentation as an extras_require
> "directory"?

I think extras are stupid, except possibly in the case of test extras
and I think there are probably better ways to handle those.

> If somebody is using zope.container.directory, it is possible to
> depend on
> zope.container [directory].

Sure, but if they want to *use* zope.container.directory, they have to
separately import zope.filerepresentation.interfaces, in which case
they're already depending on it, and a dependency in zope.container,
even in an extra, is superfluous.

but, whatever :)

Jim

--