Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Hi.
> I'd like to push code and ZCML from Products.Five into the appropriate
> places in Zope2.
> For example event.zcml registering events for OFS items, should live
> in the OFS package. i18n.zcml setting up stuff for the request or the
> publisher should live in the ZPublisher package, security bridging
> code for zope.security vs. AccessControl should go into AccessControl,
> test setup and support code should live in Testing, ... startup code
> and site.zcml handling should live in the Zope2.Startup package and so
> on. There's probably some bridging code left in Five which has no real
> place to go in Zope2. Like formlib wrapping / bridging code - I'd
> leave this in Five for the time being until we get a clearer picture
> of what is actually left in there.

+1 in general, as long as we don't let any zope.app dependencies leak
out while this happens.

I would also be +1 to removing the formlib and viewlet integration into
separate eggs:  I don't think either of them belongs in core Zope2 at
all, and anybody who wants the features should be able to pull in the
eggs (call them 'five.formlib' and 'five.viewlets', or something).

> Given our current deprecation policy, I'd leave indefinite backwards
> compatibility imports in place and do the same for ZCML files. It
> would be work targeted at the lucky numbered Zope 2.13 ;-)
> Do people generally agree with this direction?

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)