just fyi: the bug is also present in zope.testing 3.7.7 (showing up when
testing plone.z3cform).  would it perhaps be possible to release a fixed
3.7.8 soon, so that our buildout stops complaining again? :)

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Martin Aspeli<optilude+li...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, I've got other packages that depend on a newer
>>> zope.testing (specifically, collective.testcaselayer). But I thought
>>> zope.testing aimed to be able to run any "valid" tests, so it sounds
>>> like a bug in zope.testing regardless, at least since every other test
>>> I've run in the same instance work fine.
>> The traceback you pasted shows an UnboundLocalError. What about
>> looking at the source and figuring out why that local variable is not
>> defined?
>> -- Sidnei
> I bumped into the same bug while working on the same package...
> I allowed myself to add the missing assignment.
> However, I'd like someone to check over my shoulder.
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2009-July/036586.html
> Further, this bug is triggered by another one happening when running
> tests with buildout in plone.z3cform current trunk (r102411).
> The test runner is trying to spawn a subprocess with the --resume-layer
> argument.  However, the --resume-layer argument is not accepted by the
> subprocess.
> This produces an error in a format not foreseen by the error parser.
> (which then triggered the UnboundLocalError).
> It would be nice if someone with a better understanding of the
> testrunner could take a look and understand why the --resume-layer stuff
> happens. Christian ?

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - i...@zitc.de
friedelstra├če 31 - 12047 berlin - telefon +49 30 25563779
plone 3.3rc4 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/