On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Martijn Faassen<faas...@startifact.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
>> I'd like to release some packages with fixed/improved dependencies:
>>   - zope.location
>>   - zope.sendmail
>>   - zope.pagetemplate
>>   - zope.app.publisher
>>   - zope.filerepresentation
>> These packages are already ok in the repository, but I don't have the rights
>> do the upload to pypi. Can somebody do the releases? Can I prepare the job in
>> someway? Can I have release permissions for the packages? My pypi nickname is
>> kobold.
> Belatedly I'm giving you pypi permissions.
> To Jim: We've been giving out permissions a lot to people who take the
> responsibility to work on packages, and I think the gained participation
> outweighs the breakage

I certainly appreciate the participation.  I'm sure you appreciate the
problem with breakage, although I'm not sure you appreciate it as much
as I do. :) I think we've had too much breakage.

> - we should be running a compatibility test
> regime if we care about complex inter-package breakages.

Yup. A number of people are working on this.  I'm very hopeful that we
will get this figured out soon.

A critical task now is to figure out the set to be tested.

Jim Fulton