2009/8/21 Fabio Tranchitella <kob...@kobold.it>:

> we deprecated locationCopy and CopyPersistent from zope.locaton.pickling
> with the 3.5.3 release (which should have been a new major release, by the
> way).

Sorry, that was my bad, I didn't care much about versioning when I was
making those refactorings with zope.copy.

> This introduced a new dependency on zope.deferredimport, but I just
> realized that according to the decisions taken by the streering group, the
> right way to deprecate code is to *not* use zope.deferredimport:

Well, IIRC that change was released before the decision about
deprecation warnings was finally taken, so it should be fixed now.

> What about removing the use of zope.deferredimport from zope.location and
> make a new major release of zope.location?

+1, just change that to plain imports with # BBB comments.

WBR, Dan Korostelev