Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I do think we need a computer readable system that includes information
>> like this:
>> * whether a project is in a KGS (such as for the ZTK)
>> * whether a project is used to test a KGS (a package not in the ZTK but
>> used to test whether changes don't induce breakage, let's say,
>> grokcore.component)
>> * the locked down version of the package.
>> * where the *next* version of the locked down version is being
>> developed. Generally this is the SVN trunk, but could be a stable branch.
> I'm not sure why this all has to be computer readable.  What is the
> use case for computer readable knowledge of whether a package is in
> the kgs or just used to test it?

Making it computer readable to get those packages in the KGS is not that
useful, I imagine, though making it so could potentially see tools being

> What is the need for computer
> readable information about where the package is being developed.

That's a real usecase. There are tools that can already use this
information, in particular mr.developer:

It's nice to be able to just get the relevant checkout of a package
without having to hunt around trying to figure out where it is.