On 30.08.09 13:58, Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 30.08.2009, 13:26 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Jung <li...@zopyx.com>:
>> Possibly fixed in new versions of zope.publisher. I think there was some
>> open issue
>> with backporting some fix - but my  brain can't remember :->
> See
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/160968
> and
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/143873
No, I am referring to a controversial discussion with Dieter - however
I really can not find it anymore. Anyway...my conclusion from this
was that a  custom unicode conflict resolver should be used for resolving
such custom problems (unless with a real bug in the processing of the http
headers). A clean solution would be to introduce the notion of a default
charset for a site manager (as the 'default_charset' property of CMF
sites or Plone sites). A unicode conflict resolver could get hold
of the (local) site manager and check for a (registered) local utiltiy
return the charset through some API...something like that (instead
of guessing/sniffing in the HTTP client headers).