I have several packages that have some extra dependencies for testing.
There's tests_require in setup.py, but there's also extras_require where you
can add a 'test'.  The extras_require is what I use now.

In buildout's [test] section, you simply do something like:

recipe = ...
eggs = my.egg

With recent buildout versions, a 'my.other.egg[test]' in my.egg's 'test'
extras_require is also picked up OK.  But: I don't want to look in all my
dependencies whether they have or haven't got a 'test' extras_require.

The main problem surfaces when using a test-all runner like
plone.recipe.alltests: you don't want to figure out for all those package's
whether they have such a 'test' extras_require...

So: any ideas on how to deal with this?  Alternative setups?  Use
test_requires?  Should test runners pick it up automagically?  Is there
something plone.recipe.alltests could do?

Reinout van Rees - rein...@vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com
"Military engineers build missiles. Civil engineers build targets"