I think it would be good if we could (eventually) separate the Zope
Toolkit development documentation (what's published by
docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit now) from the Zope Toolkit release documentation.
Zope Toolkit dev documentation:
* aimed at people who need to *manage* the development of the ZTK.
* talks about release policy, steering group, steering group decisions, etc.
* in svn.zope.org/zopetoolkit-dev/trunk (right now in
* we just continue to publish the trunk, tagging will be rare.
* might be branched to propose larger restructuring
* there's a link in there to individual Zope Toolkit releases, of course.
* might be published under docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/dev
Zope Toolkit documentation:
* in svn.zope.org/zopetoolkit/trunk
* gets published to docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/<release_nr>
where docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/current is the lastest release.
and possibly docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/trunk is the trunk.
* aimed to developers who want to *use* (bits of) the ZTK.
* contains also the locked down list of versions for the Zope toolkit
* contains a bit about the ZTK, what it is for, the history up until
* there's of course a link to the dev documentation too.
* contains *usage* documentation for the Zope Toolkit. Tells people a
bit about how the packages relate to each other.
* contains upgrade notes about how to get from older version of ZTK to
* also contains automatically generated information:
* the list of packages (autogenerated now)
* dependency diagram (use z3c.recipe.depgraph?)
* aggregation of change logs? (I have some half-baked scripts that
might be useful - I think especially major releases contain
upgrade information that would be uesful, i.e. code that
moved to another package)
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -