On Tue, September 22, 2009 11:54, Andreas Jung wrote:
> On 22.09.09 11:39, Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
>> good morning everbody!
>> while trying to update my zope 2.12 test installation to 2.12.0c1
>> via easy_install i ran into problems with zopectl and runzope today.
>> to make sure i didn't screw anything by myself i did a fresh install
>> to a new virtualenv. outcome is reported here:
> You haven't read the docs carefully:
> http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/INSTALL.html
i read it again, this time following the section "Installing Zope
using easy_install" word by word (except inserting the correct zope2
version number into the easy_install command).

here's the outcome:

[...@t5-laptop ~]$ virtualenv --no-site-packages my_zope
New python executable in my_zope/bin/python2.6
Also creating executable in my_zope/bin/python
Installing setuptools............done.

[...@t5-laptop ~]$ cd my_zope
[...@t5-laptop my_zope]$ source bin/activate
(my_zope)[...@t5-laptop my_zope]$ bin/easy_install -i
(my_zope)[...@t5-laptop my_zope]$ bin/mkzopeinstance
Please choose a directory in which you'd like to install
Zope "instance home" files such as database files, configuration
files, etc.

Directory: /home/jh/my_zope
Please choose a username and password for the initial user.
These will be the credentials you use to initially manage
your new Zope instance.

Username: admin
Verify password:

(my_zope)[...@t5-laptop my_zope]$ bin/zopectl fg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/zopectl", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('Zope2==2.12.0c1', 'console_scripts', 'zopectl')()
line 347, in run
    exitstatus = main()
line 303, in main
line 122, in realize
    self.directory = config.instancehome
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'instancehome'

what did i miss??? andreas, you could have been a bit more telling
in your answer :)

regards, jürgen
>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting ® <<

XLhost.de GmbH
Jürgen Herrmann, Geschäftsführer
Boelckestrasse 21, 93051 Regensburg, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Volker Geith, Jürgen Herrmann
Registriert unter: HRB9918
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE245931218

Fon:  +49 (0)800 XLHOSTDE [0800 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)800 95467830

WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de
IRC:  #xlh...@irc.quakenet.org