Thomas Lotze wrote:

> I thought about that one briefly, but I don't like it because it
> introduces at least some knowledge about the security concept to
> zope.component.

The more I think about it, the less evil this appears to me, though. After
all, the zope.component.zcml module has been dependent on
all along (requiring one to install zope.component [zcml] which pulls in if one wanted to use it). I think I'd be willing to use optionally for the site stuff provided that we can get the
GAE users to agree and with the intention of cleaning up things later
according to those old comments in the code which I mentioned previously.