Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Martijn Faassen <faas...@startifact.com>
> wrote:
>>  > [ztk.cfg] contains a line
>>  > allow-picked-versions = false
>> I agree with Thomas that we should remove this from ztk.cfg, as if we
>> publish this for reuse we don't want to impose this policy on everybody
>> who builds on it.
>> The question though is why this is in there in the first place.
>> Presumably it is to ensure that the *ZTK* locks down all versions. I
>> think we can reasonably ensure this by moving the
>> 'allow-picked-versions' to the ZTK's "buildout.cfg" instead, right?
> Yes, +1 for moving it to the buildout.cfg.

If we do that, I'd also suggest we use the 'buildout.dumppickedversions'
  extension. This prints the picked versions with some explanation about
what required them, either to a file or to the console. This is a useful
sanity check: if you see a package in there that looks spurious you may
ask whether it should've been pinned somewhere.