On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:57:27PM +0200, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> I use vim with ctags

And so do I.

> which works fine for python code but I would like
> to give it some understanding for page templates, genericsetup xml files
> and zcml files.
>
> Is anybody doing this and would like to share the necessary language
> definitions?

No and maybe.

> To also use this mail to transport knowledge ;)
>
> " fast switching between .py .pt and .txt
> let g:alternateExtensions_py = "pt,txt"
> let g:alternateExtensions_pt = "py,txt"
> let g:alternateExtensions_txt = "py,pt"
>
> in combination with http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=31
> enables fast switching (:A) between these files. If all three are
> present, txt will not be reached (yet) by fast switching.

In that vein, I've got a plugin that lets me switch between Python code
and unit tests for that code with a single keystroke, assuming that
filename conventions follow the patterns used in Zope over the years:

  foo.py <-> tests/test_foo.py OR foo.txt

It's py-test-switcher.vim together with py_test_switcher.py you can find
at http://mg.pov.lt/vim/plugin/ along with a bunch of other things.

Cheers!
Marius Gedminas