Hi Chris,

On 2009-11-24, at 0324, Chris McDonough wrote:

> In repoze.bfg, we've actually decided to use a subclass of the
> component
> registry which also inherits from "dict".  This makes it possible to
> spell
> common unnamed "utility" registrations and lookups as:
>
> utility = SomeUtilityImplementation()
> registry['someutility'] = utility

While I'm all for simplification, this makes very little sense to me.
If this is an unnamed registration why is there a name ('someutility')
involved?

If it was a named registration against Interface, or if the key was an
interface/dotted name that'd make sense.

Could you expand on what the key is supposed to represent?

Matt