Yeah, I was thinking that too, as a "I don't have time to think hard about
this" little daydream.

Actually I believe you would want to subclass InterfaceClass and make your new
zope.component.Interface an instance of the new InterfaceClass and specify
zope.interface's Interface as something it extends.

Then packages in the Zope world would start to use that Interface, I'd guess.

I don't know how I feel about it.

Gary