I'm trying to debug slow requests/writes, and I'm wondering if there
are any suitable tools for this. It's not on every request or write,
we're not able to detect manually and start checking from the shell,
and we would prefer to not affect performance too much for all the
regular requests.

What I've been thinking of is a proxy that can start poking with
signalstack and perhaps check system IO once a request has taken more
than a set number of seconds (or trigger by some other rule), or a
component that starts a monitor thread for each request that can do
something similar. I'm open to completely different approaches.

--
Helge Tesdal
www.jarn.com/tesdal