I was (finally) able to patch zope.testing to use the standard Python
doctest module while still supporting zope.testing.doctest if a package is
importing and using it.

The tests of zope.testing are passing on Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 and the
output from running the tests of a package which does not make use of
zope.testing.doctest doesn't contain any deprecation warning, yay!

I committed my changes to the trunk.

I'd appreciate if somebody would check the diff and, if nobody object,
upload a new release of zope.testing (I don't have the rights on PyPI, my
nickname is kobold).

Best regards.

Fabio