Chris McDonough wrote:
> I don't think "the ZTK" as defined by the historical constraints under
> discussion here has much attraction for a large number of folks who are
> otherwise willing to put effort into maintaining Zope packages.
>
> For these folks, any reduction in number of dependencies and test maintenance
> is a net win, because they just don't use the stuff they throw out, and they
> don't have any Grok or legacy Zope3 apps in production to maintain that uses
> this stuff either.
>
> So maybe these folks should come up with their own "KGS" for whatever they
> need
> as a subset of "the ZTK".  In particular, maybe Zope2 should just be based on
> this subset.

I think the ZTK should be a smaller thing, but we need to find what that
smaller thing is first. I agree with the general idea underlying this
move, just not the way it was done, disclaiming responsibility.

I'm quite sure that most of the zope.app.* packages that were dropped
are just not very useful anymore. But we should drop them responsibly.

Regards,

Martijn