On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:13:21PM +0100, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Fabio Tranchitella <kob...@kobold.it> wrote:
> > Can somebody please fix zope.contettype on PyPI? We had a 3.5.0 release,
> > and somebody uploaded a 3.4.3 release which should have been 3.5.1.
>
> What makes you think it should have been 3.5.1?

I think the issue here is that releasing 3.4.3 hides the newer 3.5.0
release (PyPI does that by default).

Any admin can go to a very-well-hidden PyPI view (the link for which is
not available, thanks to the new "your package list is truncated"
feature of PyPI)

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=pkg_edit&name=zope.contenttype

and therein un-hide the 3.5.0 release.

I've done so now, assuming that people would like to see the _latest_
version of a package on PyPI.

I don't know if 3.4.3 should be hidden or not, so I left it alone.

> The changelog says:
> "Updated mime-type for .js to be application/javascript."
>
> In the code the declaration changed from "application/x-javascript" to
> "application/javascript". I'd let that pass as a bugfix.
>
> The work was done on a new maintenance branch for the 3.4 version and
> all the checkins conformed to all our policies. Releasing bugfixes for
> older versions is all good and fine.

But you have to take care not to hide older releases of newer versions.

Marius Gedminas