Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> It is not useful, it is critical. Without the context you can not use
> any browser views for example.

Well, the use cases that have been to date have done without it. :) I'm
not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying we need to make sure we don't
break existing use cases (plone.app.linkintegrity, plone.caching to name
two that I know of).

> In a Plone context that means you can not
> render any Plone template. The trick plone.app.linkintegrity did was to
> wrap the exception view in the context, which both keeps the
> API the same and provides the context.

Makes sense, although it means __parent__ is not self.context, which may
be a bit unusual.