On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Ross Patterson <m...@rpatterson.net> wrote:
> I started a branch for doing W3C HTML validation on responses to
> zope.testbrowser requests:
> svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.testbrowser/branches/rossp-validator
> The idea is to be able to flip a switch and run all my functional
> zope.testbrowser tests and see validation failures as test failures.

I'm not keen on this idea.  Validation checking isn't hard to do with
testbrowser as-is, and doing it on every page load is overkill.  Add to
that the global nature of the required switch and this really doesn't
seem like the right approach.

I suggest you create a package that subclasses testbrowser to provide
the behavior you want.  Perhaps if it is widely adopted and the approach
proves itself, it can be rolled in.

> Does this belong in zope.testbrowser or in the underlying mechanize
> package?

It appears to me to belong higher in the stack, not lower.

I do like the local validator approach.  How will you manage that
Benji York