Tres Seaver wrote:
> David Glick wrote:
>> Log message for revision 109667:
>>    add a failing test for a regression in parsing ISO format datetimes from
>> DateTime 2.10, as discussed at
>> ...note that this will give a false positive if run on a computer where GMT
>> is the local timezone
> Please don't deliberately check in failing tests on the trunk.  If you
> need to do this, make a branch, and ask on the mailing list for people
> to investigate your branch.

Why not? Trunk is (well, was) broken. This makes it clear. The
regression actually happened ages ago, but no-one had written a decent
test for the original functionality, so the regression was only
discovered in application software. This test corrects that omission,
and helped a few people co-ordinate addressing the issue.

Why benefit do we get from not making the breakage explicit to everyone?

want to work with Plone. See