On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Roger <d...@projekt01.ch> wrote:
> Another point, reloading ZCML actions after a system startup
> e.g. from the UI is probably not possible anymore. Then we whould
> have to call setSite(None) and this, on a running system, whould
> force to loose the local components registry at the same time.

I'm not sure if there's other code that implements this, but if you
look at the way I do it in plone.reload [1], you'll notice that it
already does an explicit getGlobalSiteManager call and a
setSite(None). The site is set again on the next request, when
traversing over the local site object. The code also has to minimize
the ZODB cache, or the local site will have some cached info that
might have been invalidated by the global changes.

So I don't see this as a counter argument :)

Hanno

[1] http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.reload/trunk/plone/reload/zcml.py