Tres Seaver wrote:
>>> I recommend virtualenv to anybody who just wants to install and run the
>>> Zope2 appserver, without needing to drink a lot of "kool-aid":
>> How do you get them using the set of eggs specified in the appropriate
>> versions.cfg using this recommendation?
> You install from the index built from that same set of known good versions:
>   $ /path/to/virtualenv --no-site-packages /tmp/z2123
>   $ /tmp/z2123/bin/easy_install \
>     -i  Zope2
>   $ /tmp/z2123/bin/mkzopeinstance -d /tmp/instance -u admin:123
>   $ /tmp/instance/bin/zopectl fg

Right, and how how do I get my own packages into the mix, with specific,
locked versions, in an easily reproducible fashion?

>>> The self-contained mode is likely *perfect* for developers who produce a
>>> highly-customized bundle o Zope, 3rd party software, and custom code.
>>> It just isn't right as the "first choice" for somebody installing Zope
>>> for the first time.
>> I fail to see why not. It's a simple 2 step recipe for them:
>> - checkout
>> - run buildout
> Checkiog Zope out from SVN is not part of an appropriate installation
> model for folks who are not interested in hackin on Zope itself.

Meh, by checkout, I really meant "write a buildout.cfg and put it in en
empty directory with a copy of". There's no need to check
anything of svn, the eggs on PyPI are just fine...