Me again :)

Here's my summary of today's meeting, thanks to everyone who joined the

Christian Theune ·
gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany · tel +49 345 1229889 0 · fax +49 345 1229889 1
Weekly Zope developer meeting

This is the summary of the weekly Zope developer meeting which happened on
Tuesday, 2010-03-16 on from 3pm to 3:30pm (UTC).

The agenda for this meeting is available in the mailing list archives:

The IRC logs are located here:

Progress report on automated tests/builds

Patrick Gerken (do3cc) volunteered for being the coordinator of automated
build/nightly test efforts. He will be in contact with Christian Theune to get
an overview of the situation, clarify responsibilities and current tasks.

Tres was absent but he reported to Christian Theune via email that he
contacted Microsoft about sponsorship for a Visual Studio license. He did not
receive any communication back from MS, yet.

Towards a ZTK release

The discussion about what's needed for a release and who will be the release
manager collapsed into a single topic. Many people felt that we should seek
a volunteer to steer the release and have the release manager steer the
discussion on what the release will be.

Some more specific points were made:

- Apart from the technical "have all tests run" requirement for the release we
  it's not clear whether all soft ("political") issues have been resolved.

- Documentation is a general topic that needs to be tackled, although the
  actual audience/topic of the documentation wasn't specified.

- The expectations about a ZTK release aren't clear. The release manager would
  probably have to work on that.

- Having a single release manager may be an issue as ideally he would be a
  person using all of Zope 3/BlueBream/Zope 2/grok and there aren't that many
  people who'd qualify for that. (Chris McDonough)

- There might be a achange by considering to make the releases "low-risk" so
  we get going on making them even if nobody uses them right away. (Hanno

- 9 people in the channel expressed that they're at least slightly positive
  about getting a single volunteer for the release manager. Nobody was against
  it, one person expressed indifference.

The agenda item for ensuring binary builds was briefly discussed and removed
from the ZTK agenda as this is already being handled under the 'automated
builds/tests' topic.